Update Yourself

Blogroll

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Zhang Shuai Forward to Second Round WTA College Park

Maryland: Chinese tennis player Zhang Shuai beat fourth seed Jelena Dokic of Australia 6-3, 6-4, on Tuesday (26 / 7), and advanced to the second round of WTA tournament harsh land College Park U.S. 220,000 dollar prize.

The 22-year-old from Tianjin was actually still feel "jet lag" after flying for 12 hours from Friday to Washington state asalnyanya, after playing in national tournaments in the country. Zhang Pelatihnyapun requested that withdrew from the tournament, but Zhang did not listen.

"I want to try because I wanted to win. I'm very excited," said Zhang, "a great victory. I was sick when not playing tennis, if only to sleep and eat. But I'm very tired, so for me is actually very difficult." he added.
Zhang, 85 world ranking, will face players from the United Irina Falconi Wednesday (27 / 6), to advance to the quarterfinals. "I wanted to advance to the finals, who knows?," Said Zhang, "The tennis player must be able to play every day. If you want to win, you must be ready to play well. I think I can," he said.

While Jelena Dokic, responding to admit defeat this time not too disappointed. "I'm not too disappointed. I certainly wanted to win but maybe next time. My idea was just to strong at the U.S. Open," said Dokic.

Former world number four and is now ranked 54th teenager this is sensational, when in 1999, defeating top seed Martina Hingis in the first round at Wimbledon, on his way to the last eight.

Dokic also advanced to the semi-final round of Wimbledon 2000 and the Olympics. He won three WTA titles in 2001, and the other two the following year, but a family issue, concerns the controversial relationship with her father Damir, made it back a few years before appearing again, and advanced to the quarter-finals of Australian Open 2009.

Dokic (28) win a WTA title only once in 2010, but this year he began his career with the good when it emerged as the champion in Kuala Lumpur, February, and a month later appeared as a runner-up at Hertogenbosch.

In other matches, top players from Israel, Shahar Peer, who lost in the first round in four tournaments she entered earlier, beating qualifier Ryoko Fuda of Japan 6-4, 6-2 within 85 minutes.


Source: Liputan6.com

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More